As part of a significant programme to modernise aspects of trading, Marks and Spencer empowered employees through the use of iPhones and mobile apps. Over a period of 2 years around 2000 iPhones were given to staff managed through mobile device management which also allowed specially developed M&S apps to be deployed over-the-air. coodart were involved from day one and helped with the due diligence of selecting AirWatch to provide the management capabilities. In 2011 this was one of Airwatch’s first implementations in the UK.
coodart worked with AirWatch to design the structure of how iPhones would be managed and also determined what the profiles and policies would be that were applied to iPhones. A simple, user-friendly enrollment approach was created to ensure that staff felt that they had ownership of the iPhone and were encouraged to download their own apps.
coodart continued to provide support for AirWatch and for the iPhone and iOS estate in M&S for 3 years after the initial rollout and were continually involved in M&S’ decisions around AirWatch upgrades and iOS updates. Throughout all that time the iPhone deployment to head office staff and store managers was a roaring success and helped significantly in M&S’ transformation to a multi-channel retailer.
coodart designed and configured and delivered
- 2000+ iPhones for head office staff and store managers
- Transition of iOS versions and support for application testing
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) configuration of profiles and Mobile Application Management (MAM), including passcode, WIFI, and restrictions
- Migration of email settings from on-premise MS Exchange to Office 365
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) for iPads
Technology solutions included
- Apple iPhone 4 through to iPhone 5S
- iOS 4 through to iOS8
- AirWatch MDM dedicated tenant
- Apple Enterprise Developer certificate signed apps
- Microsoft Office 365