Marks and Spencer are a household name and one of the UK’s biggest retailers. M&S began their multi-channel programme in 2011 and coodart were involved from the very start. Over the course of 4 years coodart have provided consultancy which has helped M&S achieve their vision of having compelling Digital Signage, Touchscreen Order Points and assisted selling using iPads in hundreds of their stores across the UK and Europe.
coodart helped M&S design and select the Polytouch touchscreen order point systems and created the software configuration to ensure that the applications that were installed onto them worked properly and interfaced with the myriad of peripherals which included Verifone Chip & PIN units, barcode scanner and till receipt printers. We assisted with the hardware and software configuration for pilot deployments of M&S’ Style Online, Virtual Makeover and Virtual Rail applications that were deployed into flagship stores. coodart also designed the infrastructure to support M&S rollout thousands of digital signage units, working closely with Fujitsu.
Significantly coodart designed and implemented the supporting infrastructure to enable 1,500 iPads to be used by retail employees in M&S stores. This was one of the first large scale usages of Mobile Device Management in the UK and coodart supported M&S for 4 years in their use of Apple iOS devices in store throughout that time.
coodart designed the technology infrastructure for M&S and delivered:
- A custom Windows 8 software configuration for the Polytouch 22″ and 32″ retail PCs
- Instore sales kiosk configuration using SiteKiosk from Provisio
- Supporting systems management infrastructure using Microsoft Intune
- A complete Mobile Device Management design and configurations for 1,500+ instore iPads using AirWatch and Apple Configurator
- The infrastructure design for 1000+ digital signage players using NCR Netkey
Technology solutions included
- NEC Commercial Displays
- 3M Microtouch Displays
- Pyramid Computer Polytouch PCs
- Microsoft Intune
- AirWatch MDM
- Apple iPad