Simplyhealth are one of the UK’s leading private health insurance companies. In 2013 the Simplyhealth team began a move into a brand new 60,000 sqft office building. This new building needed to have great workspaces to foster collaboration and communication for Simplyhealth employees. Central to this was ensuring that the meeting rooms in the building had simple, easy to use technologies that worked every time.
coodart were approached by the property developer Stofords to help Simplyhealth make sure their new building had the right technology in their meeting rooms. We used our experience in the design and implementation of technology for large prestigious building projects, working closely with the Stofords and Simplyhealth teams, but also with the architect team, construction contractor and M&E consultants.
We ensured that M&E services for technology were designed into the building fabric to avoid the need for rework post client occupation. Throughout this phase of design and consultancy, the client requirements for technology were refined to ensure that a fully detailed technology specification was completed, and signed off prior to delivery and installation.
It was vital to ensure that the technology we specified was simply to use and robust. We also made sure that everything worked seamlessly with the furniture that coodart supplied as well as the meeting room furniture that Simplyhealth chose.
To meet the demands for the project we delivered pre-tested, pre-assembled and pre-configured solutions that were ready for installation. Our high quality team installed all of the technology right first time ensuring that everything was fully operational for the building opening.
coodart specified, designed and delivered the following technologies for Simplyhealth:
- Room booking digital signage for 19 meeting rooms integrated into Microsoft Exchange
- Digital TV service over IP for the whole building
- Corporate communications digital signage displays across 5 floors including reception screens
- Custom designed and installed high quality meeting room credenzas to house all meeting room IT equipment
- Simple and easy to use meeting room technology for every floor of the building including the boardroom
- The design for a 100 person lecture theatre, including wireless presentation capability, a custom lectern and full audio capability
- High quality video conferencing which was fully integrated into meeting rooms
Technology solutions included
- NEC Commercial Displays
- Epson Commercial Projectors
- AMX Meeting Room Control
- Encoded Media IPTV
- Evoko Room Booking
- Lifesize Video Conferencing
- Extron AV Processing & Audio
- Apple AirPlay wireless presentation